pan-users

[Pan-users] Weird pan/metacity messages

From: Beartooth
Subject: [Pan-users] Weird pan/metacity messages
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2010 16:31:32 +0000 (UTC)

        I have a machine which is presently failing to launch metacity
(the only window manager I even install) on my login; so I launch it
manually, until I get that fixed. (thread on gmane's fedora.general)

        I just noticed a bunch of messages:

address@hidden ~]# metacity &
[1] 8147
address@hidden ~]# Window manager warning: Received a _NET_WM_MOVERESIZE
messages for 0x3c00003 (Pan: gmane); these messages lack timestamps and
therefore suck.
Window manager warning: Invalid WM_TRANSIENT_FOR window 0x4e00002
specified for 0x4e00003 (Welcome to).
Window manager warning: Invalid WM_TRANSIENT_FOR window 0x4e00002
specified for 0x4e000f6 (Add Bookma).
Window manager warning: Invalid WM_TRANSIENT_FOR window 0x4e00002
specified for 0x4e00120 (Bookmark P).
Window manager warning: Invalid WM_TRANSIENT_FOR window 0x4e00002
specified for 0x4e00152 (Add Bookma).
Window manager warning: Invalid WM_TRANSIENT_FOR window 0x4e00002
specified for 0x4e0017e (Add Bookma).
Window manager warning: Invalid WM_TRANSIENT_FOR window 0x4e00002
specified for 0x4e00186 (Add Bookma).
Window manager warning: Invalid WM_TRANSIENT_FOR window 0x4e00002
specified for 0x4e001b4 (Add Bookma).
Window manager warning: Invalid WM_TRANSIENT_FOR window 0x4e00002
specified for 0x4e001de (Bookmark P).
Window manager warning: Received a _NET_WM_MOVERESIZE message for
0x4a00023 (Video -- W); these messages lack timestamps and therefore suck.
Window manager warning: Received a _NET_WM_MOVERESIZE message for
0x4a00023 (Video -- W); these messages lack timestamps and therefore suck.
Window manager warning: Received a _NET_WM_MOVERESIZE message for
0x1800003 (address@hidden); these messages lack timestamps and therefore suck.

        What goeth on here??