pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: 0.134 pre-release (was: New version of pan ?)

From: Robert Marshall
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: 0.134 pre-release (was: New version of pan ?)
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2011 16:10:51 +0000

On Tue, 25 Jan 2011, Lacrocivious Acrophosist wrote:

> Petr Kovar <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Meanwhile, I rolled some preliminary tarballs, so anyone interested
>> can test it out:
>>
>> http://pknbe.users.sourceforge.net/pan/
>>
>> The code is based on K. Haley's work from the integration branch
>> (as of Jan 22), I just updated docs and bumped the release number,
>> basically.
>>
>> The github.com branch is here:
>>
>> https://github.com/pmkovar/pan2
>>
>> Quite a long list of changes since 0.133:
>>
>> https://github.com/pmkovar/pan2/blob/master/ChangeLog
>>
>> CC'ing pan-devel as it's on-topic there as well.
>>
>> Please share your comments!
>>

> Thank you very much for this important step!
>
> I grabbed the tarball, built it without error on Fedora 14 32-bit,
> and Pan 0.134pre1 is running right now with no apparent problems.
>
> This is truly excellent progress.

I pulled down the git version, on the first attempt to build, I got an
internal error in g++ in task-xover.cc

         gcc version 4.4.3 (GCC)

But on continuing the make it built ok - might try it again from make clean
and see if it breaks again (though I'd guess it's hardly the fault of pan)
(unless it is doing something very perverse!)

Don't see any probs with my normal workflow at moment - will try a few
other things and look over code

Robert
--
Links and things http://rmstar.blogspot.com/