pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Filter on news server?

From: Duncan
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Filter on news server?
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2011 22:48:24 +0000 (UTC)

Bob Halloran posted on Mon, 20 Jun 2011 17:56:24 -0400 as excerpted:

> I've tried setting up filters in the Score file to block spam entries
> based on the news server (Message-ID:<address@hidden>), with no luck.
> What obvious thing am I missing? Thanks.

You don't mention what version of pan (and your user-agent string says
mozilla, presumably you're NOT using gmane.org's list2news gateway to
follow this list using pan, or I could get it from the headers), but
khaley recently added full-header scoring, altho scoring on non-overview
headers won't work until the message is actually downloaded, since that's
where the headers are to be found.  I believe that made it into 0.135,
but believe it's NOT yet in 0.134.

I believe the message-id is in the overviews, but there's no GUI to add
it as a scoring header yet (only references, upthread message-ids), so it
would have to be added to the scorefile manually.  Or you could use add
subthread (which will use the references header), then edit the scorefile
and change the header to message-id manually.

Meanwhile, the scorefile uses regular expressions not shell globs for the
header scoring.  (It uses globbing for the newsgroups entries only,
regexes for the individual header match-lines.)

Your format above seems to be globbing, not regex, so you need to change
that.  In particular, "." (dot) means any character, while "*" (star)
means 0-or-more-of-the-previous-character.  So as-is, you're saying
<<<<<&newsxserver> would match (zero or more <, any character can replace
the dot).

Try  Message-ID: <address@hidden>

Pan's scorefile format is much like slrns, but AFAIK without the fancy
stuff like includes.  See

http://www.slrn.org/docs/score.txt

However, it has the case insensitivity (but not the other differences) of
the xnews scorefile format:

http://xnews.remarqs.net/scoring.txt