pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Oh, for draft folder!

From: Steven D'Aprano
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Oh, for draft folder!
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2011 15:36:13 +1000

Steven D'Aprano wrote:

(5) If the user sends the post, Pan should save the post in a Sent Posts location, then delete the auto-save file. Pan may choose to move the auto-save file to Sent Posts instead.)

(6) Sent posts should not be treated as downloaded news posts. It is a record of what you sent, that is all. Whether or not the user then downloads a copy of their post from the news server has no bearing on whether or not they have a copy of what they sent.

I've had a look at what Thunderbird and Knode do.

Thunderbird seems to do a good job of integrating news and mail, which is probably overkill for Pan. But for the record, Sent Posts are stored by default in your local Sent Mail folder. The post is stored in a standard mbox file, and the headers look like this: