pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Configure failure of 0.135

From: Duncan
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Configure failure of 0.135
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2011 07:50:35 +0000 (UTC)

Ron Johnson posted on Wed, 14 Sep 2011 01:11:42 -0500 as excerpted:

> v0.134 built correctly on my machine soon after it was released.  That's
> why I presume that something in pan changed.

Interesting.  But it could be an system update, too.

> libssl is, in fact the 2nd library found by ldd and libcrypto (also part
> of OpenSSL) is listed half-way down.

Your ldd pan listing was quite interesting to compare to mine.  I
stripped the leading tab and the => stuff, leaving just the bare library
names with versions.  I then had to move a few of my entries around to
match the order from yours, with the result being an intelligible diff.
If you're interested I can attach the stripped lists files with mine
reordered to match yours and/or the diff.

FWIW, there were two platform differences (amd64 uses linux-vdso instead
of linux-gate, that's the kernel virtual library thus the lack of the
path, and ld-linux-x86-64 instead of ld-linux, the hard-coded-path
dynamic-linker lib that allows it to load all the others) and I have a
newer libpng14 instead of your libpng12, but that's the only library
differences.

The libs in your list but not in mine included not only libssl and
libcrypto as you mention, but also libselinux, as I've not elected to
build that into my system, here.  Additionally, you had libpcre, which is
no longer a pan dependency either, tho it used to be.

There were rather more libs in my list but not in yours.  I'm on kde so
that pulled in a couple of Qt4 libs.  Libudev and libuuid were pulled in,
probably by kde as well.  But the biggest list was X/mesa/GL/EGL/DRM/DRI
related.

All in all, you have 52 libs listed for pan by ldd, while I have 65.  You
have the ssl and selinux stuff, while I have qt, udev, and a whole bunch
of opengl related stuff, I believe all pulled in based on the fact that
I'm running pan under kde, with kde support enabled in gtk and cairo,
etc.  The other interesting thing is that the only major version
difference in libs in both lists was libpng.  I might have expected a few
more.  (Now that I think about it tho, I stripped the symlink info and
with it the minor versions.  I'd expect there to be rather more
difference there.)