pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] .nzb download seems to be going to /dev/null

From: Lacrocivious Acrophosist
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] .nzb download seems to be going to /dev/null
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2011 19:50:33 +0000 (UTC)

open("/home/g/.pan2/article-cache/part20of78.2Wn&address@hidden",
> O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
>
> and it does this for every part in every task.  There is nothing in
> /home/g/.pan2/article-cache/ whose name even begins with p.
>
> My neighbor recommended newsgroups to me and offered to share his
> account with me if I would split the cost with him.  The first time I
> used it all was well, except it posted a warning to the effect that
> such downloads could only be made to a single computer, which I
> dismissed at the time as an aberration, I was only downloading to one
> computer.  This time around is my second use, and now the penny has
> dropped.  My neighbor's computer is the single computer referred to,
> and it has blocked downloading to mine.
>
> I am very sorry to have wasted your time on this.

<snip>

Speaking only for myself, I can say that Duncan definitely did not waste his
time. That strace tutorial is going in my 'how to do stuff I could never
remember without a cheat-sheet' file ;-)

Once again, Duncan has taught me to do things for which I previously had only
'nodding knowledge'. Thanks Duncan.