pan-users

[Pan-users] My recent 0.135 install to XP Pro

From: ctrlfreak
Subject: [Pan-users] My recent 0.135 install to XP Pro
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2012 11:18:34 -0400

Good day, and a tip of the hat to Joe Zeff, a most pleasant gentleman that I
know, a little bit, from asr. (as Sano)

I'm a plain old user, mostly windows. I recently installed 0.135. Two years ago
I had a brief fling with pan-0-14-2. On this same machine.

I used the ash msi and ash themes, the latest. I let everything install to
whatever defaults that were suggested. (I got online in '99 and found Usenet a
couple of months later.)

I can't verify much, but I didn't have any icons in the pan Tasks box/ window
whathaveyou.

My tale is that I also d/led and installed the most recent OpenOffice (for
Windows)3.3.0 OOO330m20 (Build:9567) the same day. Later that day the icons in
the pan tasks window came around. Might be something I previously overlooked, I
don't know. Or else some of the (I assume) libraries that came with OO for
Windows were instrumental. I just wanted to make a note of this.