pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] New 0.138 version on Pan ppa

From: Duncan
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] New 0.138 version on Pan ppa
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2012 04:22:57 +0000 (UTC)

Bob posted on Sat, 16 Jun 2012 00:28:24 +0000 as excerpted:

> Again, the PPA version of 0.138 does not have SSL installed.
>
> Came through as an upgrade to Mint 13 Maya, so I tried it.  All works
> fine until time to get new headers.  Pan hangs on trying to connect.
>
> I removed it, and went back to debian sid unstable and reinstalled Pan
> 0.137-1 via synaptic.   All is working again.

Some more info would be nice.

The big question, is the failing connect via SSL or normal NNTP?  Also,
what port do you connect on and is it the normal one for that security
mode (119 for normal nntp, 563 for SSL/TLS)?  If it's not too private,
which provider?  And if SSL, did you try the always accept checkbox or
not?

Also, you mentioned headers.  I don't suppose you tried refreshing the
group list or possibly posting, did you?  IOW, was it /just/ getting
headers, or was it any connection to that server?

And do you have just one server or more than one, and if more than one,
was it affecting them all, or just the one?  Only certain groups, or
all?  I don't suppose you tried a completely new group that you hadn't
used before, did you?  (IOW, was it possibly local group-history related?)

Anything else you can think of that might help tracing the problem...