pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] suggestion - nested rules

From: Duncan
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] suggestion - nested rules
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2012 09:05:02 +0000 (UTC)

Duncan posted on Thu, 27 Dec 2012 06:50:08 +0000 as excerpted:

> Me posted on Wed, 26 Dec 2012 23:19:23 -0600 as excerpted:
>
>> Duncan <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>>>   If it is followed by a single colon, the score is only given if all
>>>   tests are passed (logical AND); two colons indicate that the score
>>>   should be awarded if any of the tests are passed (logical OR).
>>
>> I have not been able to get a single colon to work.  Has this worked
>> for you?
>
> I don't believe I've actually tried in quite some time (possibly since
> the C++ rewrite?).  Let me experiment a bit...

Ugh, you are unfortunately correct.  Single-colon doesn't appear to
actually work as a logical AND here, either. =:^(

In that case, about the best I can suggest would be to assign a closer-to-
zero value additive score to both/all factors, so any single factor
doesn't get you into whatever zone you're targeting, but the combination
of all of them does.

So for example, if you're targeting "watched", aka +9999 or above, and
there's two desired conditions, try setting each one to +5000.  Combined
it'll be watched (assuming no negative scores apply), but either one
alone will only be "high" zone (5000 to 9998).

Of course if you're targeting "ignored", you'd assign -5000 to each, and
if there are three factors, you'd assign 3333 to each.  And of course you
can adjust that for possible interacting scores too, if desired (so to
account for a possibly interacting -100, you could add 50 to each of two,
making it 5050 each on the positive side or -4950 each on the negative
side, etc).

THAT should work, but it could screw up your zone-scoring a bit if you're
already making full use of all zones, not just watched/zero/ignored.