pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Pan/0.139 - threading issue

From: Dave
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Pan/0.139 - threading issue
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2013 11:28:15 +0100

On Friday 23 August 2013 21:42:39 Heinrich Müller wrote:
> I also strongly suspect it's the fault of either gmime or another library.
> I won't investigate this in the near future, but you could create a bug
> ticket for this issue.
> I know I haven't been actively developing Pan in the last few months,
> but I'll come back to it when
> I have the time.

Hi Heinrich,

Yes, I'll do that once I work out how :-)
(and thanks for keeping a great newsreader up to date)

I've also discovered that the "effect" changes slightly if I change the MID.
The default "random" MID allows a deeper level of threading before the MID is
split in the "wrong" place, depening on the length of other posters MIDs in
the References: header.  Using the custom domain MID which displays as pan.
{date}:{domain}.{tld} causes the problem from the first reply.