pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Pan/0.139 - threading issue [solved - maybe]

From: Duncan
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Pan/0.139 - threading issue [solved - maybe]
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2013 22:45:11 +0000 (UTC)

Dave posted on Mon, 30 Sep 2013 21:14:06 +0100 as excerpted:

> I just dropped a note to the maintainer of the FreeBSD port so that
> might well get the patch applied (or the port will just "pull" the
> correct version anyway) before I get the chance to even try that :-)

It took me a day or two to file the gentoo bug, but once I filed it, they
updated within 24 hours (probably less, I went to sleep then to work, and
came back to have bugzilla mail saying it was fixed).

It looks like gentoo pulled a couple other fixes in as well.  I'd seem
them in upstream git as bugfixes, but didn't know anything about what
they fixed so hadn't mentioned them here or in my gentoo bug.  Gentoo did
a "revision" bump as well, appending -rX (where X is a positive integer)
to the package version so people with 2.6.18 already installed get the
fixes.  And they dropped the intervening versions so nothing affected
remains in-tree.

But it took me another couple days before I bothered actually doing the
update (from my self-patched version) here.  I'm running it now.