pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Incorrect threading - 0.139 GIT bf56508

From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Incorrect threading - 0.139 GIT bf56508
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2013 20:37:16 +0000 (UTC)

On Tue, 10 Dec 2013 20:26:34 +0000, Jim Henderson wrote:

> On Tue, 10 Dec 2013 20:07:04 +0000, Jim Henderson wrote:
>
>> I'm going to try building from the current git repo, but wondered if
>> anyone else had seen this.
>>
>> I just upgraded my systems to openSUSE 13.1 (from 12.2), and the
>> version of pan jumped from 0.136 to 0.139.
>>
>> With this update, it seems that responses are being attached to the
>> parent of the post I'm responding to (or the root of a thread if there
>> is no parent) rather than to the post that I'm actually replying to.
>>
>> For example, if I have a thread represented by:
>>
>>  1
>>  |-2
>>    |-3
>>
>> And I reply to post 3, the reply is attached to post instead of post 3.
>> If I reply to post 2, the reply is attached to post 1, and if I reply
>> to post 1, then it is properly attached to post 1.
>>
>> Oddly, though, the references header seems to include the correct
>> message IDs, but I wonder if they're in reverse order or something.
>
> I've built the latest git code, and it still seems to be a problem here.
> It's not actually consistently wrong, but something definitely seems
> wonky in the threading.

Also, just to clarify, this isn't a thread display issue - I've had
reports from other NNTP users using other readers (Xananews, Knode, etc)
that my posts are threaded incorrectly on the server.  You can find posts
of mine on nntp.opensuse.org - anything I've posted since Sunday is a
candidate for being threaded incorrectly.

The GIT code I'm running right now is identified as 0.140 - GIT 7161f50

Jim

--
 Jim Henderson