pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Pan compilation issues with clang++

From: Travis
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Pan compilation issues with clang++
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2013 07:42:05 -0800

-----Original Message----- From: Heinrich Müller
Sent: Friday, December 20, 2013 7:32 AM
To: address@hidden

I see what you mean. I'll fix this tomorrow if I can.

Cheers.

Am 19.12.2013 01:30, schrieb Rhialto:
On Thu 19 Dec 2013 at 01:14:43 +0100, Rhialto wrote: Now the big question is: what to do about it? I see that an attempt to provide patches to fix this was made, but it was reverted because the fix wasn't correct. Relevant comments from there were ISO C++ is explicit that deque requires a fully defined type, so it is not portable to embeded a deque in the same type. and This commit breaks pan completely -- it dies during startup. Revert it. Bump PKGREVISION. See here: http://cvsweb.netbsd.org/bsdweb.cgi/pkgsrc/news/pan/patches/?hideattic=0#dirlist It seems to change the deque embedded in the Entry into a pointer to such a deque. See http://cvsweb.netbsd.org/bsdweb.cgi/pkgsrc/news/pan/patches/Attic/patch-pan_general_log.h?rev=1.1&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup&hideattic=0 With that as starting point, can we provide a better fix? I would naively think that it would need a deque<Entry *>, instead of a deque<Entry> * (a double ended queue of pointers rather than a pointer to a double ended queue), because even with a pointer to a deque, its type parameter is still an incomplete type. -Olaf.