pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] large # of lines asks to save

From: walt
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] large # of lines asks to save
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2014 17:54:20 -0700

On 06/30/2014 11:58 AM, Bruce Bowler wrote:
> One group that I participate in has folks who, on occasion, post files
> that are 8000 lines or longer.  Invariably, these are screenshots or other
> graphics.  Rather than displaying them, pan asks me if I want to save
> them.  I don't, I want to display them in pan (shorter sceenshots do
> display OK, so I know pan can do it).
>
> Is there a preference (hidden or otherwise) to change this behaviour?

That number is specified in pan's source code, and for exactly the same
reason I change it myself before I compile pan.

Just in case you know how to build pan from code, the guilty number is
here:

~/src/pan2 grep -r smallish
pan/gui/header-pane.cc:      const bool is_smallish = lines  <= 5000;

I change the 5000 to 10000, which fixes the annoyance.