pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] HTML Rendering

From: Thufir
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] HTML Rendering
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2015 03:21:28 +0000 (UTC)

On Fri, 05 Dec 2014 06:16:41 +0000, Duncan wrote:

> That said, an implementation that would /filter/ html, rendering it as
> simple plain text, isn't as objectionable, and in fact that's exactly
> what claws-mail (the gtk2 based mail client I use here) does.
>
> In the gmane groups/lists I subscribe to (including this one), people
> are generally discouraged from posting HTML, tho it occasionally
> happens, in some lists/groups more than others.
>
> However, even where HTML tends to be more tolerated, the general
> practice is for such mails to include both HTML and plain-text parts.

Yeah, I'm glad to see pan adapt to the times.  It drives me around the
bend to see these hard to decipher e-mails in pan, using gmane, where
theree's a plain text version, fine, and *then* an html version just to
gum up the works.

Glad to see this resolved.  In a perfect world...but it ain't.

-Thufir