pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Pan2 doesn't work within the vpn environment?

From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Pan2 doesn't work within the vpn environment?
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2015 03:15:54 +0000 (UTC)

On Sat, 28 Mar 2015 10:25:12 +0800, Hongyi Zhao wrote:

> I use pan2 (Pan 0.140, GIT 048fecd ).  I found a strange issue:
>
> When I using a vpn method to access the internet, the pan2 will failed
> to access to
>  news servers.

Almost certainly a VPN issue, as pan has no network routing logic built
into it - it depends on your network routing configuration.

In order to diagnose this, we'll need to know a little about what the VPN
software you're using is and how it's configured.  My guess is that it's
not configured for a split tunnel, and sends all traffic back to your
corporate network, where it's subjected to firewall rules in the
corporate firewall - and your corporate firewall probably blocks port 119
(used for NNTP traffic).

Jim

--
 Jim Henderson