pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Header/body pane divider won't stay put

From: Duncan
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Header/body pane divider won't stay put
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2015 07:43:39 +0000 (UTC)

Dick Baker posted on Tue, 17 Nov 2015 19:27:07 -0800 as excerpted:

> It's Pan v. 0.140 (Chocolate Salty Balls) and the GTK installer was
> gtk2-runtime-2.24.10-2012-10-10-ash.exe -- I'm running Windows 7.

OK, gtk2, and with 2012 date, unless you recently installed it, it can't
be a recent upgrade there.  So that's not it.

But I've not run MS here since they crossed the line with the eXPrivacy
malware (for that's what software that has mis-features designed for no
other purpose but to inconvenience users is), crossing a line I would not
cross and forcing me to upgrade to Linux (for which I now thank them!
=:^) instead of to what I've since been calling eXPrivacy.

And as my 9x era MS knowledge was fast going stale, I haven't even helped
anyone with their MS Windows based systems since the Vista era, and thus
haven't gotten even that limited experience with anything newer.

So my knowledge and possible help is extremely limited there.

There is one list regular, Travis, that I believe runs pan on MS, and
possibly a few other lurkers, but I don't know the depth of their
technical knowledge of pan on MS.

Tho you should at least be able to compare notes with Travis (and any of
the lurkers who step out of the shadows), and see if he has the geometry
entries I mentioned, and/or if he has seen any similar issues.

Other than that, there's the folks that do the MS builds and make them
available.  But other than seeing new-build announcement posts from them
every so often, I don't know if they're regulars on the list nor do I
track current MS build status, so if they don't answer here in a few
days, you may need to email them or do whatever else is recommended for
questions or bugs with the MS platform builds.