pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Odd display issue

From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Odd display issue
Date: Wed, 24 May 2017 02:48:31 +0000 (UTC)

On Tue, 23 May 2017 06:12:06 +0000, Duncan wrote:

> So we have two things to discuss now, the attachment, and the groups
> color issue, both of which I /think/ I can explain... with a workaround
> for the one and I hope a fix for the other. =:^)
>

> Let's start with the attachment.  Keep in mind that pan is primarily a
> news client, and that when it is used via gmane for this mailing list,
> as apparently both you and I do, the messages are bridged to mail via
> gmane, and while the match is close enough for most things, attachments
> are a bit of a special case due to the following...

Oh, yeah, I figured it was ultimately a gmane-related issue.  Especially
with the change in ownership and work that's currently being done to
rework it with elasticsearch, I figured it was kinda a longshot. :)

> As it happens I /strongly/ prefer light text on dark backgrounds, what
> most people refer to as a "reversed" color theme, myself, so I knew
> exactly what you were talking about even before you posted the link to
> the image.

:)

I've found that I also really prefer that - much easier on the eyes. :)

> What I suspect has happened is that you opened and set something in
> group properties on some of the groups, without changing the default
> group text color.  Those are probably the dark ones.  Just open their
> group properties and select a different color.

Cool, I'll give that a shot.  The weird thing is it's the majority of the
groups that are black on grey, but the preferences here have held over a
long time, so who knows what compatibility issues might've also
interfered. :)

If I have to edit an XML file, no biggie - I've actually got an excellent
XML editor that can do scoped search/replace using XPATH expressions for
that scoping.  Makes this a lot easier. :)

Jim
--
 Jim Henderson