pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Auto download messages

From: Mateusz Viste
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Auto download messages
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2017 07:36:39 +0000 (UTC)

Zan Lynx posted on Tue, 19 Sep 2017 16:11:25 -0600 as excerpted:

On Wed, 20 Sep 2017 02:10:19 +0000, Duncan wrote:
> Confirmed.  Specifically, you'll want to cache articles scoring at 0,
> the default score, so it gets them without having to apply a boosting
> score to everything.

Awesome - this is exactly what I was looking for. Now all new articles
are automatically loaded into Pan's cache, without having to click on
each of 'em. Thank you guys!

In fact, I did see this option earlier, but assumed it is about something
else. I guess the wording might be arranged differently for more clarity.
The option talks about "caching", and by default it is "disabled", but
Pan does cache articles anyway: once I read an article, it stays
available from the local cache. If it would be named "Pre-load Articles",
I would have had no doubt about what it does. Just a thought :)

Thanks again!

Mateusz