pan-users

[Pan-users] pan stops working/responding

From: dchmelik
Subject: [Pan-users] pan stops working/responding
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2023 00:20:07 -0700

If I select a high-activity group I haven't read before (such as gmane.linux.kernel which I guess is the mailing list and has hundreds thousands posts) pan soon stops working/responding.  I can no longer select any other group, nor any menu item, and if I cover or minimize pan and return later, it no longer even redraws its screen.  Today this has gone one for about six hours, which just to show one screen of posts, it shouldn't take this long!  I don't know why it'd have to prepare to show all posts from years ago because I probably won't look that far back.  Pan even stops responding like this if I mark that I've read all articles in the high-activity group and come back later, perhaps just to see the top page of articles.