pan-users

[Pan-users] articles don't stay marked read

From: David Chmelik
Subject: [Pan-users] articles don't stay marked read
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2023 05:03:28 -0000 (UTC)

I have Slackware64 15+current pan-0.154-x86_64-1 and lately had to delete
most out of ~/.pan2 because of other bugs.  All I still have from there
are server configuration and my ~/.newsrc files (linked to there) and
things are almost working okay lately (except for bugs mentioned
previously like no longer can move anything, maybe because of GTK).  Now I
have a new problem: if I read some groups then mark them all read, and go
to file-> quit and later restart, most groups (almost 1,500) are marked
unread, which is all articles I already read days/weeks/months (maybe
years) ago or ones I don't want to read right now.  This has happened
repeatedly; something isn't keeping them marked read anymore before it
exits.