pandora-users

Re: [Pandora] hello again! (pcap writer?)

From: Simon Patarin
Subject: Re: [Pandora] hello again! (pcap writer?)
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2003 12:52:17 +0100 (MET)

Hello,

> I'm going to write a pcap writer because I think there is none
> available isn't it?

I am not sure of what you mean by "pcap writer": a component able to sent
raw packet to the wire, or component that writes a trace into libpcap
format? Anyway, none of them exist yet. I guess you have already noticed
that, but the intersting field for you is the IPPacket's _data. Be careful
also that if you have modified some field in Pandora's packets, you have
to make modifications to the original _data accordingly (and do not forget
to recompute checksums).

Good luck,

Simon

PS. When you have your code available, and if you want to do so, I'll be
happy to integrate it into Pandora's distribution (giving the appropriate
credit to what you'd do).