paparazzi-devel

Re: [Paparazzi-devel] modules with UART

From: Gautier Hattenberger
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] modules with UART
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2014 10:21:56 +0200

Hi,

The uart is usually used with the datalink system, barely never directly. But it is possible. You need to include mcu_perpih/uart.h, add the compilation flag USE_UARTX to tell which uart you want to use, and then you can use the macros UARTXxxxxx(). You normally don't need to do the init, but you might need to change the baudrate.
Then you have
UARTXCheckFreeSpace(_x) to check if you have enough space in the buffer before sending.
UARTXTransmit(_c) to send a byte.
UARTXChAvailable() to check if you have new bytes in the reception buffer.
UARTXGetch() to retrieve the next byte.

Gautier