paperclips-discuss

[Paperclips-discuss] JSP support

From: Nic Ferrier
Subject: [Paperclips-discuss] JSP support
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 02:02:20 +0100

I've added the JSP support to Paperclips.

I'm not entirely happy with the way it's being done so if anyone has
any ideas please shout.

When you configure the build tree for paperclips you should do this:

  ./configure --with-jsp

That will cause the paperclips.jar to be made with a manifest
class-path pointing to:

   gnujsp.jar

That means that if you move paperclips.jar you'll have to move
gnujsp.jar (and vice versa).

I thought about including gnujsp.jar in the paperclips.jar file but
decided against it. I don't really like gnujsp so I don't want to
associate it too closely with paperclips.

In the future I might try and make the jsp support very conditional
by autoconf generating the source files which define support for
gnujsp.

Anyway, check out the HEAD and have fun.

Next stop is url-matched filter support.

Nic