paperclips-discuss

Re: [Paperclips-discuss] server.xml

From: Nic Ferrier
Subject: Re: [Paperclips-discuss] server.xml
Date: 24 Aug 2004 22:21:54 +0100

Andy Madigan <address@hidden> writes:

> I'm trying to setup a custom server.xml file, here's what I have:
> (DOCTYPE removed for e-mail)
> <server>
>       <warpath path="warpath" />
>       <tcp port="7171" />
>       <host>
>               <log level="WARNING">
>                       <sink class-name="gnu.paperclips.utils.DailyLogSink"
> param="'www-tf-'dd'-'MM'-'yyyy"/>
>               </log>
>               <httplog format="%a %s" />
>               <mapping pattern="/" exclude="WEB-INF">
>                       <file-dir name="./ROOT" />
>               </mapping>
>       </host>
> </server>
>  It looks (DTD) valid to me, but when I type: "java -jar paperclips.jar
> -c server.xml" , I get: "config is invalid".
>
> My directory structure is this:
> -Main Directory
> paperclips.jar
> -ROOT
>   index.html
>   -WEB-INF (Empty)
> (Note: All necessary classes were copied into paperclips.jar)
> When I start with "java -jar paperclips -d .", everything works fine,
> what's wrong?

I just tried your file and it seems ok.

Note that the WEB-INF is irrelevant anyway because you're using a
<file-dir/>. Also the warpath won't be used.

Perhaps you could send me a tar file with everything it it?

> P.S. Why are half the links (including Downloads) broken on the
> paperclips site?

I'm sorry about that. The download is broken because GNU got hacked a
while ago. I've no idea how to kick off downloads again. Perhaps I
should repoint them to my local host.

I'll revisit the documentation for paperclips and see if I can clean
up the website a bit.

Nic