paperclips-discuss

Re: [Paperclips-discuss] Problem with FileURLConnection

From: Andy Madigan
Subject: Re: [Paperclips-discuss] Problem with FileURLConnection
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 15:40:53 -0800 (PST)

Well, since my last e-mail the code has changed, I've almost completely
removed references to the FileURLConnection classes. It seems that
those   casts are only used so that paperclips can check whether files
exists and (in one case) to check to see whether they are directories.
I have commented out the casts, and will eventually replace them with
direct calls to File objects. As for whether the paperclips sources I
was using have changed, I checked them out of CVS three days ago.

What I can't figure out is why the problem only ocurred only when I
recompiled paperclips. Another way to reproduce this error would to run
paperclips on Sun's VM.