paragui-dev

Re: [paragui-dev] latest status:

From: Alexander Pipelka
Subject: Re: [paragui-dev] latest status:
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 2004 17:32:19 +0200

Am Fre, den 09.07.2004 schrieb Ulf Lorenz um 17:13:
> On Thu, Jul 08, 2004 at 02:44:54AM +0300, Asko Kauppi wrote:
> >
> > After today's CVS changes:
> >
> > OS X:
> >
> > + The Unicode issue is okay, well compiles at least. :)
> >   If Unicode is enabled the fonts don't look right. Is this an OS X
> > issue, or..?
> Do you have some webspace where you could place a screenshot?
The default font (Bitstream Vera) only supports Latin 1 glyphs. You need
to use a custom font containing the glyphs you want to display.

> > - I still need to modify test/Makefile, test/keyboard/Makefile,
> > test/fireworks/Makefile and test/colorselector/Makefile, adding the
> > following to LDFLAGS= :
> >
> >     -Wl,-bind_at_load -framework Cocoa -framework OpenGL
> ... because Alex has simply forgotten these Makefiles. Happens and will
> be fixed, let me guess, tomorrow. ;)
You're wrong. Today. ;o)

> > - "make install" still doesn't try sudo automatically.
> >   To fix this, change in Makefile:
> >
> >     install: install-recursive
> >   -->
> >     install:
> >     <tab>   sudo make install-recursive
> I don't really know if this is wanted. What speaks against the user
> doing "sudo make install" himself? and other projects (from what I
> recall) don't do it, either. Perhaps there is a reason why it is
> uncommon...
Will not change this. You don't need su rights to install the lib to
your home directory (./configure --prefix=~/usr).

If you need su rights, just use:
su -c "make install"

Alex