paragui-dev

Re: [paragui-dev] Windows Compilation

From: Ulf Lorenz
Subject: Re: [paragui-dev] Windows Compilation
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2005 11:08:55 +0200

On Sun, Jul 03, 2005 at 03:10:18PM -0700, Christian M. Jensen wrote:
> Hello All,
>

> I am trying to get ParaGUI running on windows using MS VS.NET 2003.
Poor sob. :)

Should you manage to compile paragui, could you send Alex the package?
There are several people (me, rathr indirectly), who would like to see
such a package.

I have only compiled libsigc using mingw32 once. As far as I have heard,
the gcc libs and MSVC are incompatible (is this true?), so this may not
be of much use for you. Otherwise, I could provide you with a sample.

I have also tried to compile some other libs (static only) using
mingw32. However, they are not tested for, uhm, internal reasons. If you
are interested, they should be lying in the download section under
http://sf.net/projects/freelords

> With 1.2.7 I had to change a line in the .sln file that was provided to
> point to the .vcproj file properly ( it had "mscv" instead of "msvc") -
> still no compile due to missing .h files - I suspect that I would have
> to build them from the .m4 files, I am looking for something that will
> build nicely out of the box...
Could you specify which files are missing? Maybe one could create them
sort of manually.

I am a bit unconnected next week, so don't be surprised if my response
time is long.

Ulf

--
recursive: