Re: [paragui-users] re: eventDraw vs eventBlit

From: Alexander Pipelka
Subject: Re: [paragui-users] re: eventDraw vs eventBlit
Date: 05 Jul 2002 19:25:48 +0200

Hmm,..

If you have plenty of memory (so much that you can waste it) and many
widgets look differently, use widgets with widget-surface. Blitting will
be faster.

If you have many different widgets and want to keep an eye on the memory
footprint, use widgets without widget-surface.

It depends on your needs. Both ways are possible.

I personally use mostly widgets without surface because my apps have to
run on embedded devices. But they also run fast.
I would prefer eventBlit() but you will know more details about your app
:))

Alex