[paragui-users] Reading in theme/XML layouts from memory

From: Robby Dermody
Subject: [paragui-users] Reading in theme/XML layouts from memory
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2002 08:52:24 -0400

With the project I'm working on, I'm keeping (or would like to keep) the
paraGUI theme and XML layout files in a zip file with the rest of the
application resource files (to avoid 1000 different files being all over the
place). However, it seems from what I've seen of the API, I can only read
these files in from disk, not by giving a memory address. With the zip
library I use, entries from the archive are read into memory. Thus, I would
have to read the files into memory, then write the blocks to a temp file to
be read back into memory by the appropiate ParaGUI file....it's doable, but
not the optimal solution by far.

Any ideas from someone that knows the ParaGUI internals better than I?

TIA,

Robby