[paragui-users] Problem deleting widget

From: Sven Hazejager
Subject: [paragui-users] Problem deleting widget
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 23:04:33 +0200

Hi,

I'm having this problem with Paragui 1.0.2 under Win32 with VC6. In my program, I instantiate a class "CityView" that extends PG_Window and PG_EventObject. Inside CityView, a PG_Widget is declared and a couple of PG_Buttons, with their parent objects set to the PG_Widget (so not CityView directly). Now, in order to receive events from the buttons, I had to use a PG_Button->SetEventObject (because eventButtonClick in CityView doesn't work; apparently events are not passed to grandparents). This works fine.

However, if I subsequently try to delete the CityView (either from itself after handling a click event from the close button or through an external "garbage collector"), I get an access violation on all the PG_Buttons.

Is this a known bug? How do people in general delete Paragui widgets when they're not needed anymore?

Thanks,

Sven