Re: [paragui-users] MPEG under Windows?

From: Eric Ross
Subject: Re: [paragui-users] MPEG under Windows?
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 17:18:46 -0400 (CLT)

On Thu, 25 Jul 2002, Andrew Ford wrote:

> > error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public:
> > __thiscall
> > MPEG::MPEG(char const *,bool)"
> > (??0MPEG@@address@hidden@Z)
> >
> > Using the Dependency Viewer, I see that this symbol
> > indeed is NOT
> > included in the smpeg.dll. Actually, there are ONLY
> > C symbols included
> > there!

>     Is this an smpeg problem?  I think icculus.org
> might be taking care of that.  As for actually solving
> the problem, I have no idea, sorry.  I would suggest
> picking around the project settings.  Hey Eric, do you
> know anything about this?

It looks like a problem with smpeg instead of pgmpeg. The smpeg package
comes with a sample player(gtv). Can you test it and tell us if you can
compile/link/run it ? This way we can know who is the guilty :)

Im not an expert(or something) in windows development, but i've seen that
to export a symbol from dll, one has to put some extra things to mark it
for export ?

Also, a simpler way to test is just create a .cpp and in the main() create
an instance of MPEG:

----
#include "MPEG.h"
int main() { MPEG *m = new MPEG("hellomom", true); return 0; }
---

and try to compile and link it. If it works, well, i'll have to check
pgmpeg.

--
Word is no doubt faster for oppressed office workers and others who just
need to throw something together and get in the post fast without worrying