Re: [paragui-users] valgrind and memory leaks in paragui

From: Eric Ross
Subject: Re: [paragui-users] valgrind and memory leaks in paragui
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 02:26:23 -0400 (CLT)

On Mon, 29 Jul 2002, andy uehara wrote:

> ==30096== LEAK SUMMARY:
> ==30096==    definitely lost: 2531 bytes in 37 blocks.
> ==30096==    possibly lost:   0 bytes in 0 blocks.
> ==30096==    still reachable: 62954 bytes in 31
> blocks.

At least we are not losing that much bytes :P

> I just tried it, and I am not sure where all the
> errors are coming from, but this is what it spits out.

If you cant tell where the errors are coming from, why are you running
valgrind in the first place ? :)

> There are also lots of pthread locking warnings.

Paragui uses SDL-threads, so i guess these problems belong to SDL. Maybe
Paragui is just triggering the errors ?

> Hopefully someone more knowledgable will see this and
> know how to fix some of these.

Fixing most leaks it's not very difficult. Just look the code for
forgotten allocations (something not cleaned up in the destructor) and
you'll be fine. If you cant figure it out this ways, then.. well, it's a
little more hard :) Just wait until someone more knowledgable fix it, or
look the code until you become one of these :)

Have fun