Re: [paragui-users] Projects leadership

From: Ulf Lorenz
Subject: Re: [paragui-users] Projects leadership
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 19:22:15 +0200

On Mon, Sep 15, 2003 at 06:11:35PM +0300, Antony Shaleynikov wrote:
> Hi,
Hi Antony

[snip]
> Therefore it seems to me, that we need a person who will concentrate his
> efforts only for resolving the problems, important for ParaGUI.
> I can cope with this task, but bad knowledge of English does not allow
> me to undertake the responsibility.
Well, I suppose I speak for several people if I say that being ParaGUI admin is
quite a lot of work if you already are engaged in another project. That is a
problem.

> Also it is necessary to clear, what we wish to see in ParaGUI?
> Let me tell you my vision of ParaGUI in the future, and then we shall
> discuss it together.
>
> I want ParaGUI:
> * to be fast and stable
> * to have clear interfaces
> * to run at any platforms, that are supported by SDL
> * to be very lightweight
> * to be highly configurable
> * to be well documented, have tutorials and other supporting
> documentation
It is hard to disagree here. :)
I would like to add or change:
* some additional widgets as it has already been proposed several times which
could be some additional lib.
* The callback mechanism. Some signal/slot would be nice, but this imposes
a lot of problems as well, so you should propably drop this.

> >From all above it can be concluded, that I want ParaGUI to be only a
> library of widgets, constructed on the basis of SDL. I offer the
> community to concentrate on this.
> Also it is necessary to freeze the interfaces of ParaGUI 1.x, making
> only bugfixes.
Many projects will have 1.<odd number> an unstable version where new interfaces
etc. are introduced and 1.<even number> a stable one where only bugs are fixed.
I would propose this policy for ParaGUI as well.

> Antony Shaleynikov,
Ulf

--
'Never build a dungeon you wouldn't be happy to spend the night in yourself,'
said the Patrician (...). 'The world would be a happier place if more people