[paragui-users] Re: [paragui-dev] It's 1.1.7 Time

From: Vincent van Moppes
Subject: [paragui-users] Re: [paragui-dev] It's 1.1.7 Time
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2004 11:00:53 +0100

> I think mailing lists are easier, I don't have to remember reading the
> forum every day, but get the postings together with the rest of my
> emails

Is it possible at all to automatically send mail to this list when forum
messages are posted? Just an idea, don't know if it's possible or even
wanted...

Congratulations on the 1.1.x releases by the way. Although using libsig++
means we can't use it (Developing for MacOS MPW & Win32 Visual Studio), I do
believe paragui offers one of the best alternatives for cross platform app
development.

I don't know anything about MacOS, but what's the problem with Visual
Studio? I'm quite happily running paragui 1.1.7 under Visual C++ 6.0
(not 7.0, might be different?), with very minor modifications to the
source. The only problem that libsig++ is giving me is that I have to
compile with optimization on so the linker won't complain (I've yet to
isolate which optimization does the trick, so I just let it run on
"optimize for speed"). Not a huge problem, since I can still compile
with debugging symbols anyway.

Regards,

Vincent