Re: how to do this in parallel

From: Jay Hacker
Subject: Re: how to do this in parallel
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2011 13:38:46 -0400

For running the exact same command(s) on a bunch of machines, you
might want to look into a tool like func or Cluster SSH.  Parallel is
more for "I have a bunch of jobs and I don't really care where they
run."

That said, it's certainly possible, with something like:

$ parallel -q -j0 ssh {} 'echo {}; parallel md5sum < files.txt' < hosts.txt

This assumes files.txt (and parallel) is on all the hosts.