ctrl-c gnu parallel and sshlogin

From: Nameless Numerologist
Subject: ctrl-c gnu parallel and sshlogin
Date: Tue, 29 May 2012 19:15:50 -0700

Hi Ole,

  Wonderful software.  GNU parallel is busy changing my life these days.

  I was wondering if I'm missing some obvious flag when it comes to the persistence of sshlogin jobs following ctrl-c.

  Use case: start a bunch of jobs, notice an issue, kill the jobs.
  Current result: start a bunch of jobs, notice an issue, issue ctrl-c at the gnu parallel terminal killing gnu parallel and ssh processes, bash shell and jobs are still running remotely.
  I can demonstrate the issue with the two cases below:

  Case 1:
  parallel -S localhost sleep ::: 100 100
  ctrl-c
  pgrep -fl sleep

  Compare to Case 2:
  parallel -S : sleep ::: 100 100
  ctrl-c
  pgrep -fl sleep

  In Case 1 the sleep jobs will persist after ctrl-c while in Case 2 they're immediately terminated.
  Is there any way to make Case 1 behave like Case 2?

Thanks,
NN