Re: Running >10 jobs in parallel on the same remote machine

From: Thomas Sattler
Subject: Re: Running >10 jobs in parallel on the same remote machine
Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2012 16:26:25 +0200

May I suggest a different solution for the problem?
How about the "Control" feature of (open-)ssh?

man ssh_config:
  "Enables the sharing of multiple sessions over a
   single network connection"

It really was unusable for me until I found the
option "ControlPersist", which frees the first
session. The use of the following lines in my
.ssh/config is unbeaten in terms of
"minimizing time to login".

  Host *
  ControlPersist 5m