Only Nine Jobs Maximum on Remote Server?

From: Grant Mc Auley
Subject: Only Nine Jobs Maximum on Remote Server?
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2012 13:02:45 -0700

I have access to a remote server with 4 cpu x 8 cores.  However, when I try eg, parallel -j+0 --sshlogin 32/servername, only the default 9 jobs are run at a time.  No matter what combinations of -j +/- x and --sshlogin z/servername I try, I do not get above 9 jobs.

Sorry if I missed, it but is this a hard upper limit? If not, how can increase the number of cores used on the server?