Re: parallel hanging when used with pipe

From: Ole Tange
Subject: Re: parallel hanging when used with pipe
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2013 10:07:49 +0200

Hyperthreading is too far away from GNU Parallel to be the cause. It
would surprise me very much.

I find it much more likely that it is some local configuration
(environment variable, .rc-setting, shell weirdness, other jobs
running on the system) that is the cause.

If you create a new clean user on the same system, do you see the
problem running as the new user?

Can you reproduce the problem running other programs under GNU
Parallel or other data?

/Ole