Citation Plug

From: Michael Dobeson
Subject: Citation Plug
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2014 11:52:59 +1000

I just got prompted by GNU Parallel to cite the software, should I publish
journal articles etc etc. I love parallel and recommend it to everyone I come
across. However such an intrusive prompt showing up, could corrupt scripts that
my clients run when their repository updates parallel. This a pain, is
intrusive and I can’t help but feel is a poor tactic to achieve your goals. I
recommend against this tactic lest we have prompts everywhere through free OS’s
when ever an update occurs or a new system is installed. Poor form in my
opinion. Otherwise a great bit of software.
Michael