"parallel: This should not happen. You have found a bug."

From: Greg McCann
Subject: "parallel: This should not happen. You have found a bug."
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2016 19:53:44 -0700

Hello, esteemed parallel maintainers. I don't know if you are still accepting bug reports, but your program did ask me to contact you. This error pops up frequently, and seemingly at random. As you can see in the examples below, it will run perfectly one time, then the next time parallel will return the dreaded "This should not happen" message. Here, to show the simplest case, I am just running a small shell command on the remote servers, but the same error occurs in non-trivial cases as well.

Thanks! Please let me know if any further information would be helpful.

Greg McCann

Good:
> parallel -k -j0 --nonall --slf ~/bin/gw_servers.txt 'uname'
Linux
Linux
Linux
Linux
Linux
Linux
Linux
Linux
Linux
Linux

Bad:
> parallel -k -j0 --nonall --slf ~/bin/gw_servers.txt 'uname'
Linux
Linux
Linux
Linux
Linux
parallel: This should not happen. You have found a bug.
Please contact <parallel@gnu.org> and include:
* The version number: 20160522
* The bugid: pidtable format: 32057 32004

* The command line being run
* The files being read (put the files on a webserver if they are big)

If you get the error on smaller/fewer files, please include those instead.
Linux
Linux
Linux
Linux