How to clean corrupt SQL joblog?

From: Andy Loftus
Subject: How to clean corrupt SQL joblog?
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2017 20:40:22 +0000

GNU parallel 20170222

While running some jobs in parallel, the filesystem filled up so running tasks died but never updated the joblog (joblog is a sqlite3 DB file).  There are 24 tasks with an Exitcode of -1220.

How can I clean up the SQL joblog so tasks with Exitcode=-1220 will get re-run the next time parallel starts?

I thought of setting Exitcode to 4, indicating failure, but some of the rows have the default value for Command (looks like bashM-/ M-/<M-/> when piped through cat -A). I thought that might break if the --retry logic depends on the value in the Command field.

I thought about resetting the row to look like a new task, but I'm not sure how to set the default Command value.

Cheers,
--Andy