Re: parallel does not preserve symlinked directory structure on remote

From: Benjamin Leutner
Subject: Re: parallel does not preserve symlinked directory structure on remote
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2017 16:21:05 +0200

I would suggest to override instead of append, as this gives most flexibility, e.g. I could imagine there are cases where one would want to turn-off compression. If you choose override, it would be helpful to mention the default parameters in the man pages.

No idea about the best practice way, though. Your suggestions both sound both good to me.