Re: GNU Parallel 20170822 ('Barcelona') released

From: Hubert Kowalski
Subject: Re: GNU Parallel 20170822 ('Barcelona') released
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2017 18:50:03 +0200 (CEST)

I wasn't on the list at the time, so I couldn't chip in, but any change that would result in performance increase would be good.

For that particular case I'd propose default behaviour to be totally quiet, outpiting file names to be hidden behind --files or similar switch and outputing full output to be hidden behind "--debug" or "--verbose" or similarly themed swithc with mention that on large files it does impact performance majorly :)