Displaying output of shell script

From: Arun Vimalathithen
Subject: Displaying output of shell script
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2017 12:13:24 +1100

Hi,

I have a shell script(s) (generated) that does something calls a bunch
of curl commands in a loop and accumulates the HTTP response values to
decide the exit value. Something similar to:-

EXEC 3>&1
EXIT_VALUE=0
curl="curl XXXXXXXX"
HTTP_STATUS=$curl | parse and get HTTP status
MESSAGE="The cmd $curl executed with status $HTTP_STATUS"

if [ $HTTP_STATUS -gt 204]
  EXIT_VALUE=1
fi

echo $MESSAGE >&3
echo EXIT_VALUE

I need the contents of $MESSAGE to be displayed while the script is
running as well (for the users to troubleshoot, etc) but I have lost
then when I converted the script to be run through GNU parallel.

Can someone please give me any pointers on where I am going wrong?

Thanks,

Arun