Tutorial length

From: Gilles LAMIRAL
Subject: Tutorial length
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2018 02:47:12 +0100

Hi Ole,

The beginning of the tutorial advises to "Spend an hour walking through the
tutorial".
Well, it took me 3 hours to just reach half of it and I didn't run the
"complex" examples
dealing with some parallel perl internals. Then I went to the fosdem video,
which acted
as a good and fun revision for me. All of this was made one month ago, now I
forgot everything!
That's ok, I'm a slow learner. Next revision/usage will be faster, as usual.

I suggest the tutorial could be split in two parts, one basic, really read and
understood
in one hour by a beginner, and one advanced containing everything else, maybe
titled
as a cookbook. The original Usenix article
https://www.usenix.org/system/files/login/articles/105438-Tange.pdf
looks like a pretty good candidate for the one hour tutorial.

As always it's easier to suggest to do something than to actually do it.
In case I find energy to write and publish what I suggest,
what are the licences of the parallel documentation?

--
Au revoir,
Gilles Lamiral. France, Baulon (35580)