Catch OOM kills

From: John
Subject: Catch OOM kills
Date: Fri, 4 May 2018 14:42:27 +0200

Dear all

How can I catch if the program I have called with parallel gets killed by the kernel due to memory space. I know the option --memfree. I am not sure if this satisfies all my needs. For example what happens if one of my jobs was always put back into the queue and is the last one now. And even though he has now all the memory available it still gets killed. I would like to have an option that returns me all the jobs that were not able to be finished. Is this possible?

Cheers
John