Re: Batch mode with pipe and round robin

From: Ole Tange
Subject: Re: Batch mode with pipe and round robin
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2018 08:24:45 +0200

On Wed, Jul 4, 2018 at 1:08 AM, Kyle U <theczintheroc2007@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all, I'm trying to follow the example in the docs under the section
> "EXAMPLE: GNU Parallel as queue system/batch manager" but am having some
> issues.
>
> I have a simple shell script that just echos a short line of data then
> sleeps for 1 second in a loop.
>
> My command looks like:

> tail -n+0 -f <(producer.sh) | parallel --lb -j1 --pipe --round consumer.sh

That looks weird. See if you can make an MCVE
(https://stackoverflow.com/help/mcve) and explain exactly what is the
input and what commands you expect to be run. Give at least 3
examples.

It may also help you to read the GNU Parallel 2018 book:
http://www.lulu.com/shop/ole-tange/gnu-parallel-2018/paperback/product-23558902.html
(download it at: https://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.1146014).

/Ole