Re: [Bug/Regression] --quote sometimes produces a trailing empty argumen

From: Achim Gratz
Subject: Re: [Bug/Regression] --quote sometimes produces a trailing empty argument
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2018 09:54:32 +0100

Am 30.12.2018 um 02:12 schrieb Ole Tange:
On Thu, Dec 13, 2018 at 8:33 PM Achim Gratz <Stromeko@nexgo.de> wrote:

I've updated parallel from 20180222 to 20181122 last week at work and
today I ran into a prblem that I could trace to an invocation of sem
with --quote that would add a trailing empty argument to the command.
The command in this particular case tried to interpret the extra
argument as an additional filename to process and dutifully failed.  I'm
using --quote quite extensively and it hasn't failed for other
invocations, but in these cases the input to parallel or sem is provided
by an inline (:::) input.

Yup. It is an issue from the quoting change this summer.

Fixed in [036319dc0].

Thank you.  Can't test it right now, but the change set looks sensible.

--
Achim.

(on the road :-)